It is important to keep up appearances on the outside of your building as well as inside. Pressure washing with water at high pressure or soap/chemical washes are great ways to maintain a clean exterior for your building. Exterior power washing can do more than just make it look nicer, though! The process also removes dirt and grime build-up that can cause problems for the roof, siding, windows, and even interior walls. In this post, we will discuss why exterior power washing is an important part of maintaining a successful business!
Benefits of Exterior Power Washing:
- Helps to remove dirt and grime build-up.
- Makes the environment feel more welcoming to visitors.
- Increases employee happiness while working.
- Removes harmful bacteria from exterior surfaces. This is especially important for businesses that are in a heavily populated area, such as hospitals or schools! Bacteria can cause serious health problems if left unchecked on an exterior surface where many people frequent (such as handrails).
- Makes exterior surfaces more resistant to the elements.
- Makes exterior paint jobs last longer since power washing removes dirt, dust, and grime build-up from old paint that can act as a barrier between new coats of paint and the surface it is applied on.
Read More About: 5 Tips for Exterior Cleaning Before Selling Your Home
- Protects buildings from the negative effects of UV and Ozone damage.
- Improves visibility if exterior walls are covered in mold, mildew, or algae growth.
- Prevents rust from forming on steel surfaces (businesses that have a lot of exposed metal outside).
- Helps to prevent the spread of pests, such as ants and termites.
- Helps seal surfaces against moisture damage from rain or snow (especially for businesses that have a lot of windows).
The benefits don’t stop there! Exterior power washing also gives you:
1. A cleaner, brighter exterior which makes your business in Toronto stand out among competitors in an aesthetically pleasing way.
2. A safer surrounding since all contaminants are removed from daily contact with people who come into your building.
3. An improved chance at being “green” certified through LEED certification if applied by a company with green services credentials. This is because it reduces storm water runoff and lessens pollution caused by vehicles going over dirt roads on their way to your business.
4. An increased lifespan for the building materials – paint, laminates and sealant – on the exterior of your commercial property is protected from harsh UV rays which causes cracking or discoloration.
5. The chance at saving money by reducing water usage in landscaping efforts due to decreased rain runoff caused by a cleaner surface area outside of buildings.
6. Decrease in injuries from slips and falls caused by the accumulation of oil, grease or dirt on outside surfaces.
The exterior of your building can tell a lot about who you are to visitors just driving by! We often forget that our buildings need cleaning just like any other part of our lives. There is no right answer when it comes to which power washing method will be best for you because there are many options available each with their own pros and cons
Your company should find out what makes sense for them depending on how they view maintaining appearances internally versus externally, budget constraints, desired LEED certification status and more. That way everyone involved can get clear expectations up front before contracting services. Hope this blog post helped you see the importance of exterior power washing and which methods are best for your business!